Friday, March 16, 2018
The train man from Bishop Line has bought us all doughnuts. Is he trying to sweeten us up so we remind you that there are regular trains, at regular times running between Bishop Auckland and Darlington station each day? https://www.bishopline.org/ #FridayFeeling View Post
Tees Valley walking and cycling hubs
Darlington: Bike Stop
The friendly folk at Bike Stop in Darlington can be found at their funky shop on Skinnergate, Darlington.
This is the place to go in Darlington if you are looking for a refurbished bike. In addition to their new and used bike sales they also provide:
- Guided rides including confidence rides to help new cyclists gear up to riding on the road
- Beginner cycle maintenance courses
- Guided walks in South Park and other green spaces
- Dr Bike sessions at schools and offices - give everyone's bikes the once over and get a diagnosis on anything that is needed
- Secure bike parking - for just a small annual fee, including discounted bike servicing
- Work placements / work experience
Hartlepool Active Travel Hub
The hartlepool Active Travel Hub is located at Hartlepool Borough Council Civic Centre offices as well as Summerhill Country Park. For cycle maps, information on arranging Dr Bike cycle clinics, Bikeability training and Bike Maintenance sessions please contact:
Middlesbrough Cycle Centre
Middlesbrough Cycle Centre is situated at the Middlesbrough bus station and offers free secure cycle parking, cycle training, including Bikeability and bicycle maintenance courses, guided rides and walks. It is also a point of access for the Yorkshire Bike Library and provides a range of information including cycle and route maps.
The centre offers free membership which includes access to free parking as well as locker and changing facilities. There is also a Shopmobility service available with day hire of a range of mobility scooters.
Redcar & Cleveland Mobile Hub
The Redcar & Cleveland mobile bike hub offers a range of services including maps and route information, weekly guided rides, cycle training and free Dr Bike sessions for workplaces.
To arrange a visit please get in touch with Active Travel Trainer, Rob Campbell: (01287) 612464
Stockton-on-Tees Active Travel Hub
Stockton Active Travel Hub provides support for walkign and cycling in and around Stockton. Offering free, secure cycle parking staff at the Hub also provide free MOT and bike maintenance services as well as cycle maintenance courses. Each week they run three guided group rides:
- Tuesday Easy Riders - for beginners as an introduction to group riding
- Thursday Pedal on Rides - the next step on from Easy Riders before progressing on to
- Wheels on Wednesday - for more experienced cyclists, ready to take on 20-30 miles
There is also a schedule of social, guided group walks around Stockton to help you improve your health and fitmess.